🇺🇸DeFiChain upcoming hardfork!
The DFIP 1 & 2 Voting Results are out, and DeFiChain is now implementing the changes, among a few other exciting features, within the upcoming hardfork!
Everything you need to know
The hardfork with codename “AMK” is set for block 356500 (ETA Friday October 9th, 9:30pm UTC)
The following features will be implemented with the upcoming hardfork:
- Tokenization support
- Availability of DeFi Standard Token (DST), DeFi Custom Token (DCT) and DeFi Asset Token (DAT). Refer to tokenization on whitepaper for more detials.
- The ability to create, mint and distribute tokens has opened to all users.
- RPC API: https://github.com/DeFiCh/ain/wiki/Tokenization-API-Documentation
- DFIP #1: Bitcoin anchor reward source and mechanics adjustments
- Technical Details: DeFiCh/dfips#1
- DFIP #2: DeFi incentive funding
- Technical Details: DeFiCh/dfips#2
- Message header update (#36)
- Message header updated to better distinguish DeFi messages with Bitcoin messages.
Hardforks will be named from a to z after train stations in Singapore, and the community will be able to vote on which ones to choose!
If you are just a regular DFI hodler, there is nothing you need to do.
If you are running your own masternode, this is how you can run the update:
Download and untar the relevant version to your operating system, run
bin/defid.exe to start a DeFi Blockchain daemon. The client (CLI) can be found at
You will have to reindex after the first upgrade to 1.2.0. To reindex, run
App (GUI) users
If you are running the desktop app, you do not have to manually update the underlying node. Check https://github.com/DeFiCh/defi-app/releases for the latest releases.
That’s it! Everything you need to know about the upcoming AMK hardfork.
We want to use these last few lines to say: thank you! Big thanks from the DeFiChain Foundation for riding with us on this exciting journey so far, with many more things to come!
We are looking forward to your feedback and discussion on Telegram: https://t.me/defiblockchain
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Medium to always stay up to date on the latest news and insights.
Your DeFiChain Team