🇺🇸DeFiChain Hardfork Successful! Everything you need to know
🥳 Great news: As Block 356500 was mined, the DeFiChain Hardfork “Ang Mo Kio” just went through successfully!
All the following features were implemented smoothly without any problems or complications:
- Tokenization support
- Availability of DeFi Standard Token (DST), DeFi Custom Token (DCT) and DeFi Asset Token (DAT). Refer to tokenization on whitepaper for more detials.
- The ability to create, mint and distribute tokens has opened to all users.
- RPC API: https://github.com/DeFiCh/ain/wiki/Tokenization-API-Documentation
- DFIP #1: Bitcoin anchor reward source and mechanics adjustments
- Technical Details: DeFiCh/dfips#1
- DFIP #2: DeFi incentive funding
- Technical Details: DeFiCh/dfips#2
- Message header update (#36)
- Message header updated to better distinguish DeFi messages with Bitcoin messages.
Wondering about the naming?
All coming hardforks will be named from a to z after train stations in Singapore, and the community will be able to vote on which ones to choose! Next up is the letter “b” — and for those wondering, here is a list of all train stations (read: possible hardfork names) in Singapore.
What you need to do
If you are just a regular DFI hodler, there is nothing you need to do.
If you are running your own masternode, this is how you can run the update:
Download and untar the relevant version to your operating system, run
bin/defid.exe to start a DeFi Blockchain daemon. The client (CLI) can be found at
You will have to reindex after the first upgrade to 1.2.0. To reindex, run
App (GUI) users
If you are running the desktop app, you do not have to manually update the underlying node. Check https://github.com/DeFiCh/defi-app/releases for the latest releases.
Become part of the DeFiChain Community!
DeFiChain is a community project at its core.
We value the opinion and thoughts of everyone in our community, and implement requested features as soon as possible. With that said:
Don’t forget to leave us feedback or generally discuss DeFiChain on Telegram: https://t.me/defiblockchain
And if you always want to stay up to date on the latest news and insights, follow us here on Medium and Twitter as well.
Your DeFiChain Team